On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 21:10:43 +0200, Lindy Mayfield wrote:

>I meant to say that IBM will license z/OS (for commercial production
>use) for an Amdahl machine but not for an 80x86 emulator box like PSI.

Hmmm... I don't believe that IBM will license any currently supported level of
z/OS on any Amdahl machine, will it?  (Is there an Amdahl machine that
supports 64-bit mode and archlevel 2 ?)

It looks like IBM's issue is more with brand management and less with
customer/vendor/ISV needs and satisfaction.

IBM is, after all, a marketing company that happens to sometimes do software
and hardware.  (Or so the IBM marketeers have always seemed to believe.)

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI