I tried to ask this on SCRIPT-L, but it appears that that list has
finally passed beyond mortal ken and no longer exists.

Does anyone know whether IBM ever published a SGML DTD for Bookmaster?
I'm trying to find a way to generate a proper translation from the
wonderful Bookmaster tags and tools to the utterly hideously documented
and supported DocBook. Both are SGML tagsets, and it appears that the
renderers for DocBook are generic enough to use alternative DTDs if you
have a well defined tag set.

Since Bookmaster is decently documented, has examples, and can be
created with any normal text editor by any normal mortal (DocBook
doesn't qualify on any of these levels), I'd really really love to find
a DTD for it.

I know there was SGML support for the starter set GML tags, but I really
want Bookie. I also know about B2H, but I want to continue to create
native Bookie docs too.

Ideas? Does anyone know who I might ask?

-- db