From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Don Imbriale
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 11:08 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: SYSMDUMP in DB2 SP WLM

We need to collect a SYSMDUMP from a DB2 SP WLM task.  The SYSMDUMP
DD needs to point to a disk data set.  There can be multiple instances
of the
DB2 SP WLM task running concurrently, so there is a need to uniquely
name
the data set for the SYSMDUMP.  GDGs don't work because there is an
enqueue on the GDG base, so started tasks after the first wait.  We've
thought of using system symbols (since this is a started task), but
there isn't
enough granularity in the values of the symbols to assure uniqueness.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Don Imbriale