On 19 Sep 2007 13:15:46 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>> I forgot to say - the sort can't change the order of transactions of a
>> particular type.
>
>I'm not sure what you mean by that.  Can you please show and explain an
>example of your input records and expected output records that clarifies
>what you need. Also, what is the RECFM and LRECL of your input file?

I see you gave code elsewhere.
Data class . . . . . : **None**
 Organization  . . . : PS
 Record format . . . : FB
 Record length . . . : 1046
 Block size  . . . . : 27196

Currently we have the following data organization:
Header line
Message lines (in order)
Account xxxxxxxxx Schedule lines (in order)
Account xxxxxxxxx Detail lines      (in order)
Account xxxxxxxxx Invoice summary line
Account yyyyyyyyy Schedule lines (in order)
Account yyyyyyyyy Detail lines      (in order)
Account yyyyyyyyy Invoice summary line
Account zzzzzzzzz Schedule lines (in order)
Account zzzzzzzzz Detail lines      (in order)
Account zzzzzzzzz Invoice summary line
Footer line

The goal is to have:

Header line