On Sep 25, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Patrick O'Keefe wrote:
-------------SNIP-------------

On the other hand, if you are using a "real" console (e.g., a Tn3270
client connected to an ICC OSA) to watch MVS come up, having
timestamps on the messages really helps.  That makes it a lot
easier to find messages in SYSLOG/OPERLOG later on.  (Ok, ok.
Finding messages in OPERLOG is not too tough.  Finding the
specific messages you want to find can be a bit harder.)

We do not specify time on MONITOR.  Sometimes research problems
following an IPL can be a real problem because of that.

Pat O'Keefe

Pat,

Agreed I always TJ (time and job) . The operators insisted (and I agreed) that the messages be time stamped. Yes I know its a manual "thing" but operators are still quizzed on important jobs. Yes they have to write things down, you have to keep them busy to earn their money:)

Ed