----- Original Message ----
From: Barbara Nitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Actually, *that* check says:
> Checks that each MCS/SMCS/EMCS console is not defined with multi-system
> message scopes AND receiving all routing codes (or all except routing code
> 11).

Correct. The only console in the sysplex which satisfies both conditions is the
Sysplex Master, all others
have MSCOPE(*). Of course I can try to change the route code of the former
setting 1-16 except 11.
Since the meaning of the Sysplex Master was/is to be a sort of central point of
control for the plex,
I thought there wasn't anything wrong with MSCOPE=*ALL and ROUTCDE=1-10,12-128
for
this console only.

> To be fair, sending too many messages across a plex can generate a lot of XCF
> traffic.
> We have ours now defined to only receive rc 1-16 except 11.

According to the XCF Activity report form RMF III, the guy who generates more
that 95% of XCF traffic is GRS.
Consoles generates (at list in our shop) not very much.

Thanks.

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer
Munich - Germany