On 10 Sep 2007 10:12:27 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>David wrote:
>>>In other words, if a poster identifies himself with a .com address of
>a >>legit company say a bank in Hong Kong then I will be happy to help
>if I >>can. It's when the .com is a generic ISP such as Gmail or Yahoo
>that I >>start to question who it is asking for help. They can RTFM.
>
>David,
>
>I half agree with you... If a person is not prepared to register to the
>list with his company email address, it just tells me that probably 99%
>of the time he will not pass the requirements sometimes found at the
>bottom of emails...

Most of the time I was on assignment, I posted to this list with my
personal e-mail address and as a semi-retired systems and applications
programmer, I of course do so.  As a contractor I prefer not to have
anything I say associated with the client.  On this list, I start with
the advantage/disadvantage of some of the other posters knowing me
from SHARE.  In being willing to answer a question, I go with looking
at context such as how much work has the poster done prior to asking
and what if any is their past posting record.

Clark Morris