Miklos Szigetvari wrote:
Hi

   We have a one pack RESCUE system generated under z/OS 1.4
and the actual IODF generated under z/OS 1.7.
I copied this new IODF to the RESCUE, but got a B0 wait state.
(saying IODF is in a higher version as the system attempting to use )
  Can I solve this without regenerate the RESCUE ?

Miklos,

You have a couple of options,

A)  Apply toleration PTFs to the zOS 1.4 system....

or maybe try the following...

B)

1) use HCD option 2.10 to extract an MVSCP deck for the OSCONFIG you need

2) use IDCAMs to define a new IODF for 1.4 system

define cluster (na('sys1.iodfxx.cluster') linear tracks(nnnn 0) volumes(xxxxx)) data(na(sys1.iodfxx))

3) use batch HCD using 1.4 modules STEPLIBed to format and import the MVSCP deck

something like (I have typed this from memory.. so you might need to check with the HCD Users Guide in the section on Batch JCL..!!)

//S1  EXEC PGM=CBDMGHCP,PARM='INITIODF,SIZE=nnnn'
//STEPLIB  DD DSN=xxxx
//HCDIODFT DD DSN=SYS1.IODFxx,DISP=OLD
//HCDPRINT dd SYSOUT=*
//HCDLOG   DD SYSOUT=*
//*
//S2  EXEC PGM=CBDMGHCP,PARM='MIGR,OP,configname,MVS'
//STEPLIB  DD DSN=xxxx
//HCDIODFT DD DSN=SYS1.IODFxx,DISP=OLD
//HCDPRINT dd SYSOUT=*
//HCDLOG   DD SYSOUT=*
//HCDIN    DD DSN=your mvscp deck

The only minor issue is that the HCD modules are in SYS1.LINKLIB, and you might have problems if you use the whole of the 1.4 linklib in your steplib on your 1.7 system!! So just create a new library and copy all the CBDM* modules from 1.4 linklib, and use this.. I doubt it will need to be APF auth.. but you'll soon know ;-)

Dont worry about defining processors, chpids, Control units etc.. you only need the OSConfig details and devices to IPL, and these all come from the MVSCP deck that you created..

Regards

roy