From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Farley, Peter x23353
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:10 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Find a character string in a PDS - batch mode

On the 3.14 ISPF screen down near the bottom is this option, which you
can
set to '2':

Execution Mode
2  1. Foreground
   2. Batch

That will generate JCL and control cards for your search, which you can
then
save in your favorite JCL library as a model for other searches.

HTH

Peter

addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of the
message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of
the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of
this
communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the message and
any
attachments from your system.