-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Richards.Bob
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 1:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: "System z"? "System z9"? "eServer zSeries"? which?

"System z" for current z9BC and z9EC machines (replaced System z9) IIRC,
eServer zSeries was for z800, z900, z890 and z990 machines

"System z" should last for awhile, since they also rebranded the other
platforms to System P, I and X respectively.

For MF operating systems, try z/OS, z/VM, z/TPF, System z for Linux and
z/VSE.

For System p, try AIX and Linux on Power

The rest I would not know. :-)
<SNIP>

What do I call this thing I've been making marks on some flat white
stuff with bluish lines? Ok, these two things where the one comes in a
bunch that are all neatly stacked and the other I keep looking for from
time to time.

Oh, and what color is this thing. We obviously can't call it yellow
because that belongs to some traffic light controller company...

But, really, what do we call these things we write on and with?

Regards,
Steve Thompson