Hi, All,

I couldn't find anything relevant to the "problem du jour" in the
archives or the CS for z/OS 1.7 TCPIP Implementation Volume 2 Redbook,
so......

I'm able to employ SSL/TLS for FTP using the Bluezone FTP client, but
only if I configure it to use port 21 and "AUTH_TLS".  I cannot get it
working via "implicit" secure FTP using port 990; the z/OS 1.7 FTPD
replies "connection refused".  AFAICT, I have "all the ducks lined up in
a row", with one possible exception:  I don't explicitly "reserve" port
990 (and 989?) in the PORT configuration statement of PROFILE.TCPIP.
The IP Configuration Reference manual "suggests" it's not necessary to
do so.

Might this be the "missing link" after all?  Do I need to (additionally)
explicitly specify the statements in FTP.DATA that the manual says are
defaults for TLS_PORT, etc.?

TIA,

    -jc-