In a message dated 10/19/2007 3:28:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

All in  all, I would not hold up the TCP/IP reimplementation as a model
of a  successful replacement of a poorly ported product.   It took  a
number releases before I would call it  successful.

It was really bad. Separate FMID's, but rolled VS/PASCAL in with the base  at
a comfort level. But what that did is knock it out of Software  Manufacturing
'cause it didn't play by rules. So you couldn't order a new or  upgrade with
TCP preinstalled....