Hi,

If I understand correctly APF data sets cannot be migrated on the system
where they are APF authorized.  If you have an asymmetrical
configuration in a Sysplex with shared DASD you can have data sets that
are infrequently used and APF authorized only a test system migrated on
another LPAR where DFHSM migration runs.  This could also occur in the
same scenario with command migration on the other LPAR. We worked
through this scenario with RACF Level-2 when we saw data sets flagged V
instead of M in RACF_SENSITIVE_RESOURCES. APAR OA15290 corrected the
display in the check.

The CSV_APF_EXISTS and RACF_SENSITIVE_RESOURCES checks have been very
useful to us!

This has allowed us to close real integrity exposures identified by
RACF_SENSITIVE_RESOURCES and to tightly police the APF list.  We
discover typos or miscommunication between groups making requests and
the z/OS team right away.

I would like to see the checking done by CSV_APF_EXISTS removed from
RACF_SENSITIVE_RESOURCES.  The biggest problem with
RACF_SENSITIVE_RESOURCES is that it surfaces too many different problems
in once check where some are much more urgent than others.  I imagine
some customers would like to see CA ship checks ACF_SENSITIVE_RESOURCES
and TOP_SECRET_SENSITIVE_RESOURCES for their customers!

I think the Health Checker for z/OS as delivered combined with the way
IBM continues to enhance it, developing and shipping meaningful checks
is one of the most useful and beneficial features implemented in base
z/OS in years.  We had for so long not had a framework for exceptions
that could be known to be available.  Now we have a good framework with
great content provided by IBM and the ability to add our own in as well
as integrate checks from third party vendors.

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                System z Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."