On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:38:17 -0500 Tom Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

:>On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:38:03 -0400, Binyamin Dissen wrote:

:>>What PCF did well was protect APF authorized CPs.

:>>You could not circumvent PCF unless you had the ability to write into an APF
:>>library, which if you can - you can do whatever you want anyway.

:>Oh yes I could (and did)!  I could run any APF or non-APF command processor
:>on the system where I had no write access to their APF libraries.

:>That's why it was a joke.

I don't understand. Did you have the ability to update the APF libraries?

If yes, security isn't going to be able to constrain you.

If no, but you have access from another system - ditto.

If not at all, it would not help you to copy the APF-program to another
library as it will not be APF when you execute it.

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com