Looks like a hardware error, doesn't it?

028

Explanation: The system could not complete a paging operation for one of the following reasons:

a.. A permanent I/O error occurred during a page-in or swap-in operation. The data being paged in or swapped in is lost.

b.. A page cannot be accessed on auxiliary storage because of a previous I/O error.

c.. An indeterminable error occurred during management of central storage paging. The system ends processing. Register 15 may contain a reason code.

d.. The operator canceled a Time Sharing Option Extensions (TSO/E) user before the TSO/E logon completed.

e.. An address space referred to a pageable link pack area (PLPA) page that contains noncontiguous code or large constant areas. The system had already detected this error and issued message IEA928I. See message IEA928I.

f.. The system found an unexpected error while processing a swap-in or swap-out request. The error is described by a reason code in register 6.

g.. The only current copy of a page resides in a defective frame on expanded storage. An error occurred when the system tried to bring the page into central storage from the defective expanded frame.

h.. An I/O error occurred when the system wrote the page to auxiliary storage.

i.. An I/O error occurred when the system attempted to transfer data from a data-in-virtual object into a mapped window page.

System Action: The system abnormally ends the current task or address space.
Operator Response: If the system issued message IEA928I, see the operator response for that message. Otherwise, notify the system programmer.

System Programmer Response: Look for messages indicating a hardware error. If you find any, contact hardware support. Search problem reporting data bases for a fix for the problem. If no fix exists, contact the IBM Support Center. The logrec data set error record might not contain information regarding this abend.

Source: Auxiliary storage manager (ASM) and real storage manager (RSM)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Weinhold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>