On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:39:18 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>Is ther a command that can be entered from TSO/ISPF to find out what
version of TCP/IP that is being run in an LPAR on a z/900 (z/OS 1.7)

>The version is 1.7.
>
>All system software is bundled together and versioned the same.
>
>If you know the OS version, you know it for JES, VTAM, RACF, TCP/IP, LE, etc.

Mostly... but not in all cases.   For example, z/OS 1.6 ran with JES2 z/OS 1.5
(and running lower level versions for migration is supported).   So I guess
that
is a fair question if you open a JES2 PMR.  But I don't understand why other
components / subsystems still don't get it.   Just yesterday a DB2 support
person here who has a PMR opened asked me (per the PMR) what level
of LE we were running on z/OS 1.8.  The IBM person had said it was a known
problem if not running 1.5 ... or something like that.  :-(   Of course my
response was to pass along to IBM that the level was z/OS 1.8 - along
with our RSU level.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden