>Barbara, can't you convince whomever needs to be convinced that
>SYSSTC should be tried?

I'm not against SYSSTC, not at all, so please don't misunderstand
the following.

My point was that SYSSTC would not help too much if that workload
(of which I do not know the design) is starting a bunch of new
UNIX processes, say 100, when all BPXAS had ended before. There
is a sudden need to create 100 BPXAS address spaces in support of
that 100 processes.

I'm not saying this takes endless time but it might just be too
long to achieve the desired response time.

Apart from that, I agree that this is not a nice solution and
should be done as a last resort (maybe the second but last :-)

Partly because of this I wrote in a previous post that an external
interface to tell WLM how many BPXAS to keep around might be
desirable.

--
Peter Hunkeler
Credit Suisse