Thanks again to everyone who assisted with this, particularly Mark and Peter.

While its true that we could name the exit anything, the IBM supplied sample
jobs use IEFU29 thereby duplicating the dummy name.

It would be interesting, if I wasn't up to my handsome nose in DB2 v8, to
research the history of the two IEFU29's. Why should be a good story.

This situation would be simpler, I think, if IEFU29 was only the sample
version. The worst, at least that I can think of on one cup of coffee, thing
that happens is the DUMPXY started task jcl errors out. That at least is
visible and obvious to fix.

I will pass Mark's suggestion regarding the SYS1.LPALIB fix on to the ADCD guys
as something they may want to do on their distributed version to make we
developer's life a little less complex. Its a pretty common requirement to
automatically capture SMF data. I suppose they could remove the dummy as well.

Thanks again for the great assistance.

Edward Long