IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 11/02/2007
12:43:46 PM:

> My reason for testing is that my automation code is trapping some
messages
> which allegedly are issued during an initiator failure, determining
> the failing
> initiator number from stored data, and restarting the failed initiator
once it
> leaves the planet.
>
> I want to do it a different way, so as to not have to store and
> maintain all of
> that data, but I still need to determine the ASID to INIT # mapping.
Without
> an actual test, I'm sure that I'll get it wrong.

  I believe that JES2 will automatically restart a JES2-managed
initiator which terminates for any reason other than a $PI command,
so no automation should be required.

  I think you can demonstrate this by stopping or cancelling an
initiator:

P INIT,A=asid
C INIT,A=asid

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY