Most interventions I have seen on a virtual device (I'm assuming this is
a VTS tape drive) were because of a problem with the staging of the
volume from the back end back to the TVC (usually tape stuck in drive or
not in library).
Usually ended up trashing the job before fixing the 'real' issue.

Ken Porowski
AVP Systems Software
CIT Group
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]