On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:16:28 -0500, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>Looking to find the best process to identify and delete uncataloged
>data sets that are in SMS Pools.  These can either be VSAM or
>NON VSAM data sets.

Have you figured out what's causing it?  Is it because you restore
volumes from full volume backups after data sets were deleted?
Did you have to restore a catalog?  Or maybe someone has access
to STGADMIN.IGG.DELETE.NOSCRTCH and has uncataloged the
data set?  Is your SMS environment shared?  If so, do you share
the catalogs too?

>How often should this process run?
>
>How would I go about reducing or elimiating the fact data sets can be not
cataloged in SMS Pools?

It shouldn't happen under normal circumstances.  If you can figure out
why it's happening, that should help you figure out what to do about it.

--
Tom Marchant