Mark Zelden wrote:
Michael,

I agree with the others.  Of course I assume you are actually calling the
exit in JES2 also - $DEXIT(54).

Also, I hope you realize that even though most of the processing
that used to happen in EXIT4 now happens in EXIT54, you still need
EXIT4 unless you don't care about the following as sources:

LOCAL CARD READER REMOTE (RJE) CARD READER NJE JOB RECEIVERS (SNA AND BSC) SPOOL OFFLOAD JOB RECEIVERS EXECUTION BATCH MONITOR (XBM) JOBLET
I don't think they care about those, but I'll check. The problem with the code doesn't seem to be these statements.

CLC X054STMV,=CL8'$' THIS A JES2 COMMAND? JNE X54RET00 NO, LEAVE EXIT

I put in some WTO's and the code does match on the $ character. It's this bit of code that is always zero.
         CLC   X054JCT,CCTZEROS     IS THERE A JCT?
        BE    X54RET00             ... NO, GET OUT

In the old exit, I could go to my JCL library, put in this,

/*$VS,'D D,T'

and type submit. The exit would fail it. Now, the exit lets it go.