Shane,

right. It wasn't me who introduce the PAGEDEL command.
In the past we had several reserved page datasets which was used/shared by
several LPARs. Automation add's and delete them on demand. This was fine for
several years unless this add/delete happen more frequently because of some
DB2 dumps after DB2 V8 comes real.

I wasn't aware of this "bad" effect until we fall into this. Well just an IPL.
Also I don't see the PAGEDEL command is dangerous in some cases.
Perhaps I miss some docs or it still isn't documented.

However we hit this and perhaps we aren't the only one.
Best would be to document this behaviour for the PAGEDEL command.

Roland