On 12 Nov 2007 13:48:31 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Thomas Berg)
wrote:

>Hm.  I think there is some missunderstanding here.  If it's from Your
>or my side I'm not sure.  But AFAICS there is no possibility of change
>of either the original COPY or *what* COPY we could use in our programs.
>(It's only the owner of the copy that can/are allowed to do the change,
>and it is not in his interest (rightfully so) to do a change in the way
>we need.

I think we all understand this.   But we are saying that the nature of
the CoBOL copy statement (at least the version that I have) is that
unless the copy library was designed with foresight, you're SOL.

How many copy members have you created designed for the REPLACING
option?