ISGECMON appears to work as self-advertized. A quick test on our sandbox
gives good results: the owning user is notified regardless of where the job
is running.

Note that this program works altogether differently from DSNHELD, which is
an MPF exit kicked off by message IEF863I on the batch job's system.
ISGECMON, running on every system with an interval pop, eventually detects
the conflict wherever the user is logged on, so TPUT gets issued on the
'right' system.

Thanks to all for the quick help. We're venturing into our first
bronze-plex this weekend, so users will likely see some GRS false
contentions. Having sysplex-wide notification will help.

             Edward Jaffe
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             OFTWARE.COM>                                               To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Dataset-held message to TSO
                                       user

             11/16/2007 03:49
             PM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

Brian Peterson wrote:
> Maybe you're supposed to run ISGECMON on each LPAR where TSO users
> might be?  Otherwise, I would imagine it would be relatively simple to
convert
> to issuing a z/OS console SEND command to communicate with users wherever

> they may be....

You are definitely supposed to run it everywhere. The logic consciously
ignores so-called "data set owners" running on other systems. The
program notes say:

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc