On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 07:21:50 -0500, Peter Relson wrote:

>Perhaps it is not obvious to some, though obvious to me.
>
>The only valid protocol for such operations as reallocation of space and
>compress is to use DISP=OLD (ENQ obtained exclusive).
>If you choose to do such operations with DISP=SHR then you get what you
>"deserve" (i.e., it might "work" but your system might well suffer for it,
>and you'll get little if any sympathy)..
>
>The system does not, indeed cannot, stop you. It can only try to protect
>you against cases where you follow proper protocols.

May I assume (should it be ovious?) that the design is such that
system resources can be sufficiently RACF-protected that a user
lacking authority to update those resources can not threaten system
integrity or security by failing to "follow proper protocols", but
only the integrity of that user's own resources and jobs?

-- gil