David Eisenberg wrote:
I checked the manual, but I can't seem to find a way to add comments/remarks to the IEBUPDTE SYSIN input. Is there a way to do that?

Utility control cards adhere to the JCL/Assembler "standard" allowing comments on the control cards after the last operand, and with one or more separating spaces. If that's not enough room, you're out of luck.

If you're updating to a temporary, why not include comments in the contents, appropriate to the language or other format you're updating?

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT