We had a couple of shared packs. I even had datasets in the linklist on both the PROD and TEST Lpars. I only updated them on the PROD Lpar, and then did a LLA refresh on the test lpar. Whenever I rebuilt the test lpar, I just went with 3.4 and catalogued the PDSs I needed in the Test Lpars catalogues. Like I said, I never had a problem, but I realize it is risky.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "McKown, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

One of my configurations was a "two monoplexes with an "iron curtain"
between them". When the others realized that I meant absolutely NO
sharing of ANYTHING, they were aghast as the thought.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer