RETURN CODE 186

 Explanation: Error attempting to lock a catalog or access a locked
 catalog.

2                   Explanation: Access was denied for one of the
                       following reasons:

                       °   No profile IGG.CATLOCK of class type FACILITY was
                           found

                       °   RACF, or an equivalent product, was not active

                       °   No MVS router exit was found

Why the LOCK parm on the define?

LOCK
           specifies that the catalog identified by entryname is to be
defined with the lock attribute on.  Defining the catalog with the lock on
restricts catalog access to authorized personnel. Specification of this
parameter requires read authority to the profile name, IGG.CATLOCK, with
class type FACILITY.  Integrated catalog facility catalogs are normally
defined with the lock attribute on only after a DELETE RECOVERY during
catalog recovery operations.

You need READ authority for IGG.CATLOCK.

Larry Crilley
Dino-Software Corporation
800.480.DINO
412.366.3566
www.dino-software.com

Dino-Software Utilities
T-REX – Superior catalog management tool inclusive of HSM & Tape audits
REORGadon – First REORG While-OPEN tool for HSM
Teradon – First ever OnLine REPRO MERGECAT utility
Xtinct - DASD Data purge
RTD - DASD Real Time Defrag
DAL – Analysis for Legato in an easy to view format