I concur with Larry: deploying J2EE applications to WebSphere Application
Server for z/OS is the same as, say, WebSphere Application Server for
Windows.  There are multiple ways to do it, but typically you'd use the
Web-based WebSphere Administrative console install wizard just as you would
on any other platform. The WebSphere Information Center has details:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp

I'm trying to think of any exceptions, and the only ones I can think of are
very minor indeed. For example, you won't ever see a Windows-style server
drive letter (e.g. C:\MyServer\AppsOnMyServer\...) in the Web panels. I
think the Administrative console says "WebSphere Application Server for
z/OS" for the branding. Here and there you might see an extra field or
option, to provide additional controls available for z/OS, but if you don't
know what they are just take the defaults. Administrative access control
will be validated with whatever WAS z/OS security system you're using,
typically the z/OS Security Server (RACF), rather than a Windows sign-on.

You can also use the remote deployment feature in, for example, Rational
Developer for System z or Rational Application Developer. This is how your
J2EE developers would normally do things when they want to deploy an
application to a remote server. Your developers will have absolutely no
problem with this, other than perhaps the mental adjustment when they
realize how easy and identical it is to deploy to the big iron.

The WebSphere product developers really did a beautiful job.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]