> Does anybody have a LE main program written in HLASM? I had one that
ran
> on z/OS 1.6. I just tested it on z/OS 1.8. I am getting a SB78-4
abend.

<snip>
> There are no hit on IBMLink that I can see. If I am decoding the
IEA705I
> message correctly, the subpool number is x'0080' or decimal 128. That
is
> not a valid subpool. And that is exactly what the B78-4 is telling me.

My WAG is that the program has always had a parameter error, but that up
until now it has always pointed to/passed a value that happened to be
south of 128. Now due to link-edit changes or other environmental
changes the thing is scraping up a X'80' and blowing chunks. CC's rule
(1)... always assume your own code is the culprit and if in doubt, see
rule 1.

CC