You really do not need a CFL engine.  A regular CP will work.  And I am sure
you can now set the CF up to utilize the CP only when it has work to do.
This is the way I run my CF, but I have not tried the dynamic CP usage part yet.

For a basic sysplex, all you really need are the PATHIN and PATHOUT
definitions on each LPAR which can utilize your existing CTC device
definitions.  I would not use the same ones VTAM are using.  GRS will
automatically switch to the sysplex paths.