-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ed Gould
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:09 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Bad JOB card through NJE

On Dec 18, 2007, at 5:30 PM, Thompson, Steve wrote:
> ------------SNIP------------
> Has something changed?
> <SNIP>
>
> We seem to have a problem with RACF in this case. The JOB gets to the
> receiving node and gets a syntax error. However, my point is, the JOB
> card was invalid to start, it and the rest of the JOB should never
> have been shipped. If you want blind ship then use /*XMIT not /*XEQ
<SNIP>

Let me try to bring this back out of the weeds (from my perspective).

Is it a bug for JES to do minimal JOB statement checking before shipping
the JOB to another system, when the JOB statement contains a fatal
syntax error?

What I think started this was the differences in JCL between MVS/SP1 and
MVS/XA.

I have been given some answers outside of the group on this, and while
USERID is part of JECL (VSE) it is not part of the KEYWORD set for the
JOB card of either VSE or z/OS.

So what we have happen here is the JOB goes to the other LPAR. That LPAR
fails the JOB because it can't scan the JOB card and find who the JOB
belongs to (syntax error in the JOB). So now what does it do with this,
it says that the profile for the JOB is invalid.

This is a Microsoft answer. Absolutely correct, but is not the cause of
the problem.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- All opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of my employer. --