On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:52:39 -0500, David Andrews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>As someone else noted (I think it was Ed Gould), I'm uncomfortable
>clicking on a link when I don't know in advance where it's going.  Work
>politics, y'know.

preview the long link  before clicking through.  You can specify that option
at tinyurl.com if you want.

In addition, anyone creating a TinyUrl link can post either a direct
click0-through link or a preview link.  I always post the preview links, for
example, so that people who have not established the "preview" option will
see the real link before they click through.

--
  Walt