Hi Scott,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Is this only available in z/OS 1.9? We are currently in z/OS 1.7 and every time we switch SMF, we still can't get the latest SMF data, still about 15 minutes delay.

Regards,
Jason

Quoting Scott Fagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Jason To wrote:

Is there a way to flush SMF records from buffer to immediately write
to DASD? Currently, we have to wait for 15-30 mins before we can
access the SMF records. I knew that we can access SMF type 70-79 using
RMF JCL and produce reports from the bufferspace, however for CICS and
DB2, we can't do that. We need this requirement to immediately access
the SMF records for problem determination.

If you 'switch' SMF over to using the System Logger for its recording medium
(z/OS 1.9), you can access the records almost immediately after they are written
into the logstream via the IFASMFDL program.

Scott Fagen
Enterprise Systems Management