On Dec 22, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Peter Relson wrote:

Was this done for a reason,

I presume you're asking why validation data is kept and validation is done? I don't really know the history behind this, but validation is rarely a
"bad thing", Besides, system services are provided to be used.

It is perhaps related also to the fact that additional data needs to be managed for relocation purposes to accommodate relocation spanning a page
boundary.

Peter:

Thanks for the update. I m not agreeing or disagreeing on anything just noting that this *seems* to be a change behavior of a product. Was this flagged somewhere at IBM and customers notified of the change of behavior (in advance)?

Ed