Obviously #2 is going to be faster, since the transaction may never even need
to communicate with system B, but I'm not sure if it is relevant to the subject
of this thread.

What exactly do you mean by "FICON CF links"?

>>> Dave Barry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/21/2007 6:28 PM >>>
Job A on system A issues static SQL query to DB2 on system B.  Which is
faster:

1) DDF call to DB2 on system B via APPC over FICON CTC

or

2) Local call to DB2 member of datasharing group w/ FICON CF links?

Considering the overhead of DRDA protocol and independent enclave
creation/classification/scheduling, etc., I would guess option 2 is more
efficient in terms of CPU and response time.  I'm just not sure how to
determine in theory to what degree.

db