Mark Jacobs wrote:
Michael Babcock wrote:
I have a client who is trying to execute sftp on z/OS. We have SSH
installed and running. Can someone decipher the debug output? I can't
tell if the problem is on the remote end or with the mainframe. The
job originates with the mainframe.

This problem is usually (99+%) caused by a problem on the target server.

This error message is being issued because the associated public key of
the batch job either not in the target .ssh/authorized_keys file or
permission/ownership errors in the .ssh directory structure.

So you are saying that the authorized_keys file or the permissions on the .ssh dir on the target server is not setup correctly. I'll tell the client to fix their end, then. Thanks!