The 64-bit version of the Java SDKs use 64-bit LE Heap storage for the "Java
heap" (which includes not only Java objects, but loaded class files).

I'm not certain about JITed methods (executable instructions), but I would
assume that they are below the bar, in the "31-bit LE Heap".   This could be
confirmed in a dump that included JIT'ed code.

The best information is probably in the "Language Environment Programming
Guide for 64-bit Virtual Addressing Mode".
The Java SDK manuals are a little thin in this area....

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies