On Jan 5, 2008, at 7:28 PM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 01/04/2008
   at 08:41 PM, Ed Gould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Well all I can say is never say never. For 30+years 100 characters were
"plenty"

ObCamelDriver No. The fact that it didn't cause *you* problems doesn't
negate the problems that it caused others.

I did not say that nor did I imply that. I don't recall it coming up as a GUIDE requirement in the times I was active at GUIDE. Apparently other people didn't think it important enough to ask IBM for a change. If there was I am pretty sure some one would have written a requirement.

Ed