From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Walter Medenbach
Sent: 08 Januarie 2008 05:36
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Inaccurate CPU% reported by RMF and TMON

Sounds like uncaptured cpu and therefore is not an error with RMF and
TMON.
Uncaptured cpu is cpu that has not been associated with a particular
address
space. Your capture ratio appears low. Find out when the problem started
and
whether it occurs 24x7.  Look for such things as SLIP traps or high
paging.

Regards...Walter

On Jan 8, 2008 3:14 PM, Jason To <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have encountered some weird problem last week and discovered that
> the total MVS CPU busy percentage reported by both RMF and TMON were
> inaccurate. RMF and TMON reported MVS CPU percentage does not match
> with the total CPU% usage by the jobs running in the system at least
> in one LPAR, the other LPAR seems to be fine. For example the reported
> total CPU% was 72% at an interval period but only 40% when we add up
> all the CPU% of jobs, a disparity of 30%. From the WLM activity
> report, by comparing it with the total APPL% used divided by the total
> assigned CPs also produced result of 40+%. Hence, the MVS CPU
> percentage should have been 40+%.  Anyone out there have encountered
> this problem before? Any reported fix to resolve this problem? Btw, we
> are still at z/OS v1.4, running in the sysplex.
>
> Regards,
> Jason

Elavon Financial Services Limited
Registered in Ireland: Number 418442
Registered Office: Block E, 1st Floor, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown,
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Directors: Robert Abele (USA), John Collins,  Terrance Dolan (USA),  Pamela
Joseph (USA), Declan Lynch, John McNally, Malcolm Towlson
Elavon Financial Services Limited, trading as Elavon, is regulated by the
Financial Regulator