Please forgive me for posting to the list but I need suggestions from people
with similar backgrounds and experiences.

Please please please reply back directly to my email address:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and do NOT reply back to the IBM-MAIN list.

We're a small mainframe software development shop. We need a decent but
simple issue/problem tracking software product to document and manage
development requests, support issues, etc. Nothing elaborate. We're looking
for people with similar experiences who can give recommendations.

On the one hand, we want to be able to fully access this product via a WEB
browser from anywhere worldwide. On the other hand, we would prefer to
have it installed within our own site's remote hosted domain and not rely on an
external company's hosted tracking software services (these are most
common).

The problem with having it installed in our own domain is that we are remotely
hosted. We do not have our own in-house Web server machine. The products
we've seen so far that provide end user access via the Web, also require that
the server be physically available to the installer. Since we are remotely
hosted by a web hosting company, these packages are therefore not
applicable, from what we are reading.

So the main question is does anyone know of a good simple tracking product
that we ourselves can upload and install to our remotely hosted web server? I
assume such an installation would require us to install the files on a local
machine, upload them to our remote hosted server via FTP or similar and then
run some script to complete and customize the install. Again, we're not looking
for anything fancy.

If such a product does not exist, we'll have to think about one of the hosted
issue tracking services. Our concerns are reliability, availability and
security.
When I say "availability", besides 24x7, I'm interested in a company that's
been around for years and looks like it will not close tomorrow night.

TIA and remember: email me back directly with your comments.

Jerry