The added benefit of NewERA's product is its other 'DR' capabilities.
You can IPL the software and make changes to datasets in and ISPF-Like
editor. (Display, edit, copy, print..etc), without an Operating System
running.  Much like a Standalone zOS one-pack system.  It does NOT
replace our DR/Recovery processes, but it enhances them.

gabe

-
Subject: Re: Data Erasure Products

There is another one that we have used.
It is by NEWERA software and it is, 'DASD FAST ERASE'. It works good as
you can do as many passes over the data with different patterns as
needed.
HTH.

Regards,
Claude Richbourg

Outside of FDRERASE and good old ICKDSF are there any products in the
market that can erase data from mainframe DASD?

I didn't see anything in the CBT archive for DASD, just some tape
erasure programs.
* *

--
Mark Jacobs