On Jan 11, 2008, at 5:37 PM, Mark Jacobs wrote:

The problem was caused by my not executing the SMPE procedure with the
correct steplib to the zOS 1.9 miglib as pointed out below.

The problem that I run into is when the level of SMP/E that is in the
miglib (steplib) is at a higher service level of my production system,
my SMP/E RECEIVE ORDER command fails because the level of the GIMSMP
program (fetched from the steplib) doesn't agree with the level of the
SMP/E Java code that the RECEIVE command executes. When this situation
occurs SMP/E fails and the only recourse is to execute the SMPE
procedure without the steplib to miglib.

I'm sure there are ways for me to setup my environment better so I won't
shoot myself in the foot again, but in a nutshell the above is what
happened.

Mark Jacobs

If you were doing a RECEIVE why is it trying to relink the nuc? Something isn't right (to me). If IBM is determining the current level of SMPE incorrectly then bug the SMP/e people. If the determination is made when the order is sent then their is a problem in IBMLAND, IMO. I can only think of 1 or 2 reasons a receive would fail and that would pertain to "new" ++ "commands" and then they should tell you to use a steplib during the receive. Or are I am not understanding the issue.

Ed