On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:27:56 -0600, Paul Gilmartin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

. . .

>Name/token sounds like a better choice, even though it's innovative.

The question of where to stash something arose in this thread when it was
suggested that storage could be acquired once, and not every time the
function was called. In that context name/token has a complication - the last
time I looked, simply calling the name/token services needed some writeable
storage to create the parameter list, which is a bit tricky if you don't yet
know where your working storage is.

I can think of ways to do it, but none that I would be really happy with.

Not that that makes TCBUSER a better choice. I think I would stick to simply
obtaining and releasing the storage each time the function was called.