We have a series of jobs that use IDCAMS to move data
from one platform to another. There are several
hundred files stacked on tape, which was created by
REPRO. These tapes are then read by the Z/os target
system and loaded to the appropriate files. While the
jobs runs, they seems to run forever. We have noticed
that the job goes into DW for 3-5 seconds at the end
of each REPRO process, allocation/deallocation I
assume. If indeed this is the case then using another
program such as ICETOOL should not matter, the results
should be the same. Is this assumption valid?

Be a better friend, newshound, and