>If I recall from the marketing, you only 'buy' an IFL once and when you
>upgrade your IFL's are already paid for.
>Now if I can pick up this 2 IFL box for $10-20K can I just have IBM turn
>on 2 IFL's on my z990 and just trash the z890?

No, I don't think so. You will then own two z890 IFLs. BUT, whenever you're
ready to upgrade/consolidate to z9 or beyond, things may get more
interesting.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]