On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:22:19 -0500, Mark Pace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>When I installed my new z/OS 1.9 system I specified that I wanted to use zFS
>for OMVS.  root, sibmroot, and var were created as zFS, but .etc was created
>as HFS. Is anyone aware of a reason that .etc is still HFS?  Should I be
>able to convert it to a zFS?
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Mark Pace
>Mainline Information Systems

>send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

I'm not sure why your etc file system was created as an HFS, but there should
be no reason why you cannot convert it to ZFS. We are currently running
z/OS 1.7 in production and we have been an "all ZFS" shop for close to two
years now.