Jie J Zhang wrote:

There is only one product named HLASM Toolkit in the z/OS V1.9, which is chargeable. If I want to use HLASM only, do I need to order the toolkit? Or HLASM is included in z/OS V1.9, HLASM toolkit is totally a different product from HLASM.

John Eells already responded regarding the status of HLASM and the HLASM Toolkit. The HLASM toolkit is a set of functions that add value to HLASM if you're doing a significant amount of HLASM coding. There is a source scanning utility, ASMXREF, that produces a series of reports regarding source code. There is also a symbolic debugging function that understands some optional data produced by HLASM and allows you to talk about locations in your program and DSECTs referenced by it symbolically. Several other functions are also present.

Bob Wright - MVS Service Aids