From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of SUBSCRIBE IBM-MAIN Niall
Sent: 31 Januarie 2008 10:03
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Dumb idea - pandering to the "other systems" people?

My one concern would be to the future. If you were to leave, would a
replacement sysprog have to relearn a new vocabulary because there is a
different vocabulary in place? And since the people there don't know the
Z/OS equivalents, is there a risk that the gap between what they say and
what the new guy interprets could cause a major outage?

For my money, the company should stump up for enough basic training to
allow
Z/OS discussions to be held in the appropriate language and using the
appropriate terms.

Elavon Financial Services Limited
Registered in Ireland: Number 418442
Registered Office: Block E, 1st Floor, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown,
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Directors: Robert Abele (USA), John Collins,  Terrance Dolan (USA),  Pamela
Joseph (USA), Declan Lynch, John McNally, Malcolm Towlson
Elavon Financial Services Limited, trading as Elavon, is regulated by the
Financial Regulator